Swaps Storage System

Swaps Storage System

Postby Bonnie » Mon May 24, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi there -
Just trying to come up with a SWAPS storage system for our troop. Any ideas??

Noelle Capulong
Bonnie

Swaps storage system

Postby girlscoutgirl » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:18 pm

You could have everyone save the reusable containers from magnuts and store their swaps in them. Or you could get a small storage unit, not the big ones but the smaller plastic ones, and store them in their.
-Girlscoutgirl
girlscoutgirl

Are you looking to store

Postby resourcefulsil » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:40 am

Are you looking to store swaps you've made or ones you have rec'd?

Ones you have made, go to Wal-mart or you local hardware store and look for the hardware storage container with all the little drawers. You can also often find these at yard sales or just ask if one of the girls families may like to donate one.

If for swaps you have rec'd, buy green felt (off the bolt at fabric store) however large you wish, and create a large replica of your tab fold over the top, sew and put a wooden dowel through with a piece of string or yarn to hang it up. The bottom you can cut to a point and the attach you swaps, this can be rolled up and tied with a ribbon for storing as well. If you wish hand sew on a few old fashion sewing hooks and you can hang sways from them. good luck. -sil
resourcefulsil

I bought baseball caps from

Postby wendylady » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:49 am

I bought baseball caps from a craft store. The girls will decorate the brim with our troop number (not their names!) and pin their swaps on. One section will be for swaps given- the rest for swaps to trade. Plus I'll be able to spot my girls at outings!
wendylady

SWAP Hats

Postby annamschott » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:16 pm

WE got our girls bucket hats. They pin all their SWAPs on them and wear them to GS events. One Dad called them their girlie fishing hats.
annamschott

I have made swap banners

Postby Scout Mom » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:23 am

I have made swap banners with our girls to show collected swaps. We took a piece of felt, folded over the top to make a pocket and glued it in place (think of a felt curtain). Inside the pocket we inserted a straw and through the straw we ran a length of yarn to make a hanger (the straw will keep your banner from flopping in the middle).
Scout Mom

We just went to the

Postby Wendy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:03 pm

We just went to the International River Crossing (between Michigan & Ontario, CA) and saw a ton of ideas for not only SWAPS, but how to carry them. Some were simple - shoe boxes, gallon baggies. Others were more elaborate - bucket hats, baseball caps, t-shirts.
But my favorite is the messanger bags - no-sew, handmade with either t-shirts, cut off jeans or fleece ties. I like the shirts & jeans because it relates to the "use resources wisely" part of the law. But, the fleece are way cute and can be custom made to reflect a girl's individual style, although any patter is likely to be covered up with all the SWAPS!

Here is a link to the t-shirt bags: http://www.artistshelpingchildren.org/kidscraftsactivitiesblog/2011/01/how-to-make-no-sew-tote-bag-craft-from-recycled-old-t-shirts/

And for the jean tote (you have to scroll down for this one): http://www.artistshelpingchildren.org/summer-beach-artscraftideaskids.html

Might I add that the Canadian Girl Guides really know how to SWAP!!!
Wendy

We did shoe boxes. I

Postby GSLeader9069&9084 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:24 am

We did shoe boxes. I asked a local shoe store to save boxes from customers that didn't want the box, we did fabric and construction paper to cover logos and let the girls creativity fly with decorations.
GSLeader9069&9084

Return to Questions & Suggestions