Wanting to SWAP with other girls/troops

Wanting to SWAP with other girls/troops

Postby CentralJerseyMom » Wed May 04, 2011 5:53 pm

When I became a leader three years ago, I had heard about SWAPS but didn't know much about them. We SWAPED at Camporee and my daughter seemed to enjoy it. So, I found some online groups to swap with.

In an effort to keep my daughter busy, we started swapping with some online groups. Last summer, there were barely any and the ones that we did try - many of the members didn't follow through.

As we get close to another summer season, my daughter would like to start making her SWAPS. This year, after sharing with my troop our SWAPS, we made some for the Daisy troop we visited as part of our bridging requirements. I have a few more girls that would like to be involved this summer.

All that leads to my question, does anyone know of any online groups that actively share SWAPS?

Thanks, yours in scouting,
Kelly
CentralJerseyMom
Brownie Troop #60147 (soon to be officially Juniors)
Middlesex, NJ
CentralJerseyMom

Swapping SWAPS

Postby wendylady » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:49 am

I help with a new troop (1 Daisy, 2 Brownies, and 6 Juniors) and would love to introduce the girls to scout traditions- like SWAPS. We are not meeting during the summer but if there's a troop that would like to do an exchange, please contact me at bronwyn@cox.net.
Thanks!
Wendy Kellogg
wendylady

Getting started

Postby wendylady » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:40 am

I'd recommend that you start with your Service Unit. Chances are that you'll find another leader interested in exchanging swaps. Sometimes troops bring swaps to a big Girl Scout event- your girls would be able to use swaps to meet new friends! You could also contact other leaders on this site.
As to making swaps, there are a number of websites that give ideas and directions. I picked up a booklet at our GS Council on how to make swaps and the guidelines on how to trade. If you're strapped for time or creativity you can buy swap kits fairly inexpensively. A google search will give you lots of links!
wendylady

wold love to swap with

Postby katb1625 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:05 pm

wold love to swap with your troop. You can send an email to gstroopic1625@gmail.com with specifics (number of girls/adults, address, type of swap wanted, etc). awaiting a response from you.

YOurs in Scouting, KAthy
katb1625

you could try the following

Postby katb1625 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:36 pm

you could try the following yahoo groups - Girl_Scout_Swaps or SouthernGirlScoutSwaps. I am a member of both of them. You may email me at gstroopic1625@gmail.com if you want our troops to exchange swaps. I currently have 21 girls in my troop, but that number may decrease for next year.

YIGS/GG,
Kathy Buell
katb1625

We just started a 50

Postby troop1324Missouri » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:48 am

We just started a 50 State Swap in March and have swapped so fr with Maine, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa. We are now making some for Florida and California. We would love to swap with you in Jersey. I have a troop of 7 Daisies and 6 Juniors so we can send 13 or more swaps. Ours are indicative of our state of Missouri but yours doesn't have to be. We just want to know what state the troop is from. If interested, email me at troop1324@hotmail.com and we will follow through. It might take about a month so we can get some more made but we will.

Thanks,
Mary Kay
troop1324Missouri

Return to Questions & Suggestions