I have never done a

Exchanging Swaps

Postby yackie4camp » Sat May 25, 2013 2:08 pm

I have tried to exchange swaps in the past and have run into a problem. I have sent the swaps my girls have made and did not get any back in return from the troops that have agreed to exchange. Has anyone else had the same problem? This has disappointed me and made me a little sour on trying it again.
yackie4camp

I have never done a

Postby emuffett » Wed May 29, 2013 2:16 pm

I have never done a swap exchange, but if you would like to try them again my troop would be more than happy to send ours first. We will be working on some swaps at our next meeting June 10. If we can get enough done that we can send them I can let you know and you can send yours when you receive them.
emuffett

I would like to try

Postby yackie4camp » Thu May 30, 2013 11:11 pm

I would like to try again. We always make extra, would you mind if we sent you one of the ones we already made?
yackie4camp

I have never done a

Postby MeemawReeRee » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:10 am

emuffett wrote:I have never done a swap exchange, but if you would like to try them again my troop would be more than happy to send ours first. We will be working on some swaps at our next meeting June 10. If we can get enough done that we can send them I can let you know and you can send yours when you receive them.

We are new to swaps so any ideas and info would be helpful.:)
MeemawReeRee

I was just going through

Postby aussie62 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:59 am

I was just going through my swaps this evening, and also am disappointed as 5 troops have not responded to the exchange of swaps. It saddens me that my daisies go through the fun of making swaps and waiting and waiting for swaps to come in return and they don't come. I don't think its good girl scout etiquette not to return something you have committed yourself too. So I feel your pain, its just not fair..
aussie62

Our swaps did not turn

Postby emuffett » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Our swaps did not turn out so well, but we have a meeting coming up again in the next couple of weeks. If you would like to send some that is fine with me. My work address is 10964 Page Ave, St. Louis, MO 63132. If you send them here I can get them before my kiddos do. I will send some back to you as soon as we get them finished up.
emuffett

Please remember, when the girls

Postby yackie4camp » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:54 am

Please remember, when the girls make swaps, they will not always turn out as you plan. They are individual statements from the girls. After being a leader for 12 years, I've had to let go of my expectations and let the girls have fun. When I try to control the outcome, the girls are not enjoying the fun of making swaps. I'll send some out to you. You will get two different kinds. One from my Junior troop and one from my Brownie troop. I have 12 girls in each troop.
yackie4camp

Thank you so much. I

Postby emuffett » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:10 pm

Thank you so much. I look forward to getting them. We have done swaps in the past, and the creativity and indivuality of them is my favorite part...but we tried to used shrinky dinks, and my girls lost interest in doing them with the first batch, so I am working on getting them all finished up, we made about 200 or so, it is taking a lot longer to get them all done than I was expecting. As soon as I get them done I will send ours out. Thanks again. Erin
emuffett

Swap exchange

Postby yackie4camp » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:37 pm

High, can you give me your name to go with your address. You can email me at yackie4camp@yahoo.com.
yackie4camp

Return to General Talk