Swap Exchange?

Swap Exchange?

Postby amanda60302 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:25 am

I was just wondering if there was a place on here where troops could list contact info and arrange a type of swap exchange...or if anyone would be interested in helping me set up and run something like that and participate in one. You can do open swap exchanges where one central person takes a list of all those who want to participate and they can match them up in twos or each troop could send x number of swaps to one central coordinator and say 3.00 for shipping and then the cordinator puts a prearranged number of swaps in a large envelope for each troop participating made up of swaps from every other troop who participated...and sends out the envelopes? It sounds kind of complicated but it really is not very hard to do this at all...I do similar swaps with a beading forum I belong too and a polymer clay one also and have participated in several trades.

It is really fun and a awesome way for troops to get swaps from girls all over the country or even world! Would anyone know of something of that nature currently going on or if not would anyone be interested in getting one going with me and participating??? Please let me know!

Just thought I would see, My girls are a 1st year junior troop in very very rural virginia and don't really have a large number of oppurtunites to swap with other troops. I thought this would be a really fun way to get to know our sister girl scouts from around the globe! ;)
amanda60302

This doesn't really answer your

Postby GSDaisyLeader078 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:40 am

This doesn't really answer your question, but if you would like to set up a swap between my troop and another troop I work with weekly, we could do that. I have 20 Daisies and the other troop leader has 12 Brownies. I know they're probably not the age group you're looking for, but I think they'd have fun anyway. We're also in Virginia, Virginia Beach to be exact. :)

Let me know what you think and I'll get the girls started on one right away if it's something you want to do.

You can email me at cynthiaaluke @ gmail.com if you want to swap. :)
GSDaisyLeader078

New to this site

Postby bosleya » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:20 pm

I just wanted to say hello. I am a co leader of a daisy troop and will be starting my own brownie troop in march..Just trying to get a feel for this site and how it all works...
Looking forward to speaking with everyone and idea sharing...This looks like an awesome site
bosleya

Looking for a Daisy troop to SWAP with :)

Postby lmoats476 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:46 am

Hello. I am looking for another troop to SWAP with. I have a Daisy troop of 20 girls and we are really excited to find another troop to get started with.
lmoats476

Hello. I am looking for

Postby GSDaisyLeader078 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:31 pm

lmoats476 wrote:Hello. I am looking for another troop to SWAP with. I have a Daisy troop of 20 girls and we are really excited to find another troop to get started with.

I have 20 Daisies in my troop and 3 leaders if you want to SWAP with us.
GSDaisyLeader078

I was just wondering if

Postby coleader253 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:59 am

amanda60302 wrote:I was just wondering if there was a place on here where troops could list contact info and arrange a type of swap exchange...or if anyone would be interested in helping me set up and run something like that and participate in one. You can do open swap exchanges where one central person takes a list of all those who want to participate and they can match them up in twos or each troop could send x number of swaps to one central coordinator and say 3.00 for shipping and then the cordinator puts a prearranged number of swaps in a large envelope for each troop participating made up of swaps from every other troop who participated...and sends out the envelopes? It sounds kind of complicated but it really is not very hard to do this at all...I do similar swaps with a beading forum I belong too and a polymer clay one also and have participated in several trades.

It is really fun and a awesome way for troops to get swaps from girls all over the country or even world! Would anyone know of something of that nature currently going on or if not would anyone be interested in getting one going with me and participating??? Please let me know!

Just thought I would see, My girls are a 1st year junior troop in very very rural virginia and don't really have a large number of oppurtunites to swap with other troops. I thought this would be a really fun way to get to know our sister girl scouts from around the globe! ;)

We are also a new Junior troop. Our girls have never been scouts before and neither have their leaders... :p We are having a lot of fun figuring it all out together. Our troop has 15 girls and we would love to participate in an exchange. We are located in eastern NC.

Our email address is girlscouttroop253@gmail.com
coleader253

I would be interested in

Postby Miss Shawna » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:26 pm

I would be interested in joining a SWAP exchange, I have a 3rd grade Brownie troop with 9 girls out of Downingtown, PA
Miss Shawna

awesome....

Postby lmoats476 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:04 am

GSDaisyLeader078 wrote:I have 20 Daisies in my troop and 3 leaders if you want to SWAP with us.

I am way excited that I have found a troop to swap with, my girls will be way excited too. I am completely new to this but way excited. My email address is laciemoats@hotmail.com. let's get this going :-)
lmoats476

Swapping with other troops

Postby gottabuystuff » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:30 am

There are some groups on Facebook that put you in touch with
others to swap.

One is Girl Scout SWAPS Trade
another is Girl Scout Swaps
then there is just a Girl Scout group.

Lots of troops are on there now looking to swap to meet
a goal of 100 troops to swap with for the anniversary year.

Lisa
gottabuystuff

swap exchange?

Postby juli344066 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:38 pm

I think it would be very cool to set up a swap exchange. I have a small troop of 6 2nd year Daisies and I work with a troop of 15 1st year Juniors. I think it would be a very cool idea to set up a central swap.
juli344066

Next

Return to Scouting Swaps